Founded in 1971, ACPAV is an audio-visual production cooperative dedicated to the development and production of art-house films, with special emphasis on thought-provoking cinema.
ACPAV has worked on productions involving the following screenwriters/directors :
- Pierre Falardeau, whose Elvis Gratton series was a huge success, along with the films The Party, October and February 15, 1839.
- Bernard Émond and his film trilogy, including The Novena (which was named Film of the Decade [2000s] by the Quebec Film Critics Association). We continue to collaborate with Bernard.
- Paul Tana (Caffe Italia Montreal, La Sarrasine, La Déroute [Mr. Aiello]).
- Mireille Dansereau (Dream Life).
- Léa Pool (A Woman in Transit).
- Richard Desjardins and Robert Monderie (Forest Alert).
- Benoît Pilon (The Necessities of Life).
- and many others.
Following the success of Sébastien Pilote’s first feature Le vendeur (The salesman), which was released in 2011, Mort subite d’un homme-théâtre, Jean-Claude Coulbois’ documentary on the late actor/director Robert Gravel, and Bernard Émond’s sixth feature Tout ce que tu possèdes (All That You Possess), Le démantèlement (The Auction), Sébastien Pilote’s second feature film and winner of the SACD Award during International Critics’ Week at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, was released in Quebec in November 2013. Les loups (The Pack), Sophie Deraspe’s third feature film (a Quebec/France co-production), will be released in 2014.
Katia, a film by Bernard Émond, is currently in the preparation stages.
As part of an ongoing collaboration, ACPAV is developing Benoit Pilon’s Iqaluit. And in our search for new talent, we are collaborating on the development of screenplays by Michel D. T. Lam and Danic Champoux.
Michel La Veaux’s Labrecque, une caméra pour la mémoire in Montreal and Quebec City theatres starting January 12
December 5, 2017 – Montreal – National Film Board of Canada (NFB) After a well-received world premiere at the 36th Festival du cinéma international en Abitibi-Témiscamingue (FCIAT), the feature documentary … Continue reading
Now available on VOD
First day of shooting of Benoit Pilon’s new film IQALUIT
First day of shooting of Benoit Pilon’s new film Iqaluit Montreal, Aug. 19, 2015 – Tomorrow will mark the first day of shooting of Iqaluit, the new film by Quebec … Continue reading