Founded in 1971, ACPAV is an audio-visual production cooperative dedicated to the development and production of art-house films, with special emphasis on thought-provoking cinema.
ACPAV has worked on productions involving the following screenwriters/directors :
- Pierre Falardeau, whose Elvis Gratton series was a huge success, along with the films The Party, October and February 15, 1839.
- Bernard Émond and his film trilogy, including The Novena (which was named Film of the Decade [2000s] by the Quebec Film Critics Association). We continue to collaborate with Bernard.
- Paul Tana (Caffe Italia Montreal, La Sarrasine, La Déroute [Mr. Aiello]).
- Mireille Dansereau (Dream Life).
- Léa Pool (A Woman in Transit).
- Richard Desjardins and Robert Monderie (Forest Alert).
- Benoît Pilon (The Necessities of Life).
- and many others.
Following the success of Sébastien Pilote’s first feature Le vendeur (The salesman), which was released in 2011, Mort subite d’un homme-théâtre, Jean-Claude Coulbois’ documentary on the late actor/director Robert Gravel, and Bernard Émond’s sixth feature Tout ce que tu possèdes (All That You Possess), Le démantèlement (The Auction), Sébastien Pilote’s second feature film and winner of the SACD Award during International Critics’ Week at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, was released in Quebec in November 2013. Les loups (The Pack), Sophie Deraspe’s third feature film (a Quebec/France co-production), will be released in 2014.
Katia, a film by Bernard Émond, is currently in the preparation stages.
As part of an ongoing collaboration, ACPAV is developing Benoit Pilon’s Iqaluit. And in our search for new talent, we are collaborating on the development of screenplays by Michel D. T. Lam and Danic Champoux.
GALA QUÉBEC CINÉMA, 6 IRIS FOR ANTIGONE
Last June, Sophie Deraspe’s Antigone won 6 Iris at the “Gala Québec Cinéma” Best motion picture, Marc Daigle (ACPAV) Best director, Sophie Deraspe Best screenplay, Sophie Deraspe Best role distribution, … Continue reading
5 PRIZES FOR ANTIGONE AT THE CANADIAN SCREEN AWARDS
On May 29, 2020, ANTIGONE by Sophie Deraspe has won 5 prizes at the Canadian Screen Award, namely: Best motion picture, Marc Daigle (ACPAV) Performance by an actress in a … Continue reading
ANTIGONE at the TIFF 2019 edition
Sophie Deraspe’s feature ANTIGONE has been presented to plublic during the Toronto International Film Festival https://www.ledevoir.com/culture/cinema/562204/des-quebecoises-parties-pour-la-gloire